Levi has been a trooper over the last few days. He spent a lot of time being loved on by Gran and has seemed content to play with his toys and watch his shows. When Cole was born, Gran showed Levi a picture. Levi looked at the picture and said, "Gran, will you hold me? This stresses me out!" Gran was happy to oblige and get some quality snuggle time with Levi.
One morning, as they were letting George outside, Levi grabbed him and said, "No George! Don't leave! You're my best dog!" I think maybe he was feeling a little deserted by his family.
When they brought Levi up to the hospital to see Cole, we were already in the nursery, so unfortunately they didn't get to meet in person until Cole came home. Levi did get to see Cole through the window, and he seemed excited. He told Cole he loved him and waved through the window.
I was discharged from the hospital on Sunday. When Mat and I got home, Levi was so confused about where Baby Brother was. We had talked so much about Mommy and Daddy going to the hospital and bringing home his new baby brother, and now that the plans had changed, Levi couldn't figure it out. At one point he pat my tummy and said, "Why did you put Cole Thomas back in there?" :)
When Mat and I found out we'd be spending another night away at the hospital, we were worried about how Levi would react, but after spending some time talking about things, he just seemed excited. So excited in fact, that he woke Gran up at 5 am on Wednesday morning asking if we were home yet. He was also so excited that he didn't take a nap! Poor Gran was worn out by the time we got home!
As soon as we brought Cole in the house, Levi sat down beside his car seat and said, "Oh he's so little!" He's had lots of questions about why Cole cries and when he can play. He's been very interested in what Cole is doing and even wanted Cole to sleep with him last night. Levi always wants to know where Cole is and isn't afraid to climb all over you to try and get a good view. In the last 24 hours we've already said, "Be Gentle!" more times than I can count.
As I was putting Levi to bed last night he told me he was a little bit nervous. When I asked him about it he said, "Why does Cole always have that hat on? It makes me nervous!" I explained that it helped keep Cole warm, and the conversation quickly turned to Levi needing a new hat to keep warm!

4 comments:
His little comment about George made me tear up. So glad your little family is all together under one roof!
Great post, Lora. And by the way, you were two when we brought Blair home, and if you had a nickel for every time we said, "Be gentle!" you could have retired at four.
Aw, Lora, so sorry y'all had to go through that situation, but am so glad that it's better now. Now you can enjoy your sweet little boys! Isn't it so neat seeing them interact together? It gets better and better, too!! Congratulations on your new little baby boy.
So glad Cole is home and Levi is getting to enjoy being a big brother! I love hearing his comments...I thought it was cute that he thought you put him back in your tummy. Praying all is well as you adjust to your new normal and that you are getting some sleep!
Post a Comment