June 16, 2010

Eight Months

Dear Levi,

I have had fun enjoying my time at home with you. I have always been thankful for my time off during the summer but even more this year! I always seem to lose track of the date when I'm not at school so this post almost slipped by me!
You are so much fun these days! You have been army-crawling for a few weeks now, but you've finally got your arms and legs coordinated. You still haven't figured out how to get your tummy off the ground, but you don't let that slow you down!

You LOVE to find strings, straps, and cords- including electrical cords- to chew on. We have to watch you carefully! You also love to grab my hair and earrings and Dad's ears. The other day you even tried to chew on Dad's ears- ha!
You are also really sturdy sitting up. You're still working on going from laying down to sitting up and it really frustrates you sometimes! We have lots of friends that share toys and clothes with us. A few weeks ago we got a new toy that you love to pull up on. You've made it all the way up to your feet once or twice, but usually you are satisfied to just pull up to your knees. You look around and are so proud of yourself.

You also seem to be a little daredevil. The other day, you made it all the way up to your feet, looked back at me, and then let go! You immediately fell down but looked up at me and smiled. I can tell you're going to keep us busy!
It's getting more difficult to change your diaper these days. As soon as I lay you down, you want to flip over and crawl off! I keep your sunglasses in one of the cubes on your changing table, so I usually use those to keep you occupied long enough for me to change you.
You are very ticklish- under your arms, the back of your neck, right above your knees and your feet. We love to hear your precious laugh so you get tickled a lot!

You have 5 (6-8 ounce) bottles and eat solids twice a day. You are eating lots of different things now- sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, avocado, bananas, pears, and peaches. You love peaches and pears. Next up are some green veggies- peas and green beans- and then papaya. You still love to play with cups and spoons which helps while Dad and I try to eat.
In the last month you seem to have hit a growth spurt. You weigh about 19 pounds now. You have cute chunky legs and thick feet, and I love your cute little buddha belly after you eat. You are wearing size 3 diapers and still fit into your 3-6 months clothes although you won't for long!

Everything you find immediately goes into your mouth. You don't have any teeth yet, but you chew on everything and have started sucking on your bottom lip. I keep expecting to see a tooth!
Most days you have been napping so much better! Typically you sleep for about an hour and a half or so in the morning, and then you take a shorter nap in the afternoon. Sometimes you still take a little cat nap in the late afternoon/early evening. At night, we still put you down at about 8:30, and you're sleeping until about 6:45 in the morning. I am thankful that you're no longer waking up at 5:30 am- it was ok when I was getting up for work anyway, but I enjoy that extra hour of sleep! :)

Just the other day you started giving kisses- slobbery kisses-but oh so sweet! I think you're also getting close to waving. One morning when Dad left for work, he waved and you watched him so intently. You looked at me and looked at your hand and then back at Dad. We love how much you are interacting now.

Whew! It took me all day to get a picture of you with Mr. Bear. I started out in the red chair like usual, however most of the pictures turned out like this because you were trying to crawl off the chair.
Next I tried the floor...
Finally we ended up on the bed in your room because you have further to crawl to get the camera straps you wanted so badly. But even that didn't work...
I finally decided to wait until backup arrived. Dad danced and made silly noises while I snapped some pictures. We finally got one!
Levi Month by Month

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Love him lots! I love every post you write... makes him seem so much closer to me! Thanks so much!

Sarah and Eric said...

You are posting so frequently now! Gotta love summer. I can't believe he's 8 months old! That seems so old! He is just precious and I love hearing all about him. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Katie said...

I love the outtakes. Haha, gotta love babies on the move!

Unknown said...

I love that he's giving kisses out! So sweet!:) What a fun stage!

Mindi Tipps said...

I love being around your sweet son- he makes me smile!

Happy 8 months Levi!