Friday night, Mindi, Megan, Kennedy and I went to see the Nutcracker. My family went to see it a few times when I was little, and Mat and I went to see it the night we got engaged. I love going to see the Nutcracker, and it was especially fun to get dressed up and have a night out with the girls! We had a great time, and I think Mindi, Megan and I all enjoyed watching Kennedy's excitement almost as much as we enjoyed watching the ballet! Saturday, Mat and I laid around and enjoyed being lazy ALL DAY LONG. Well, I take that back. Mat got up and ran 12 miles and then spent the rest of the day being lazy. I just spent the whole day being lazy. So lazy that I didn't even change out of my pjs until 4:30! We spent the day watching movies and playing Wii.
After church on Sunday, Mat and I finished up most of our Christmas shopping. As crazy as it is during this time of year, I love finding the perfect gift for each person on my list. We also headed downtown to look at some Christmas lights with Jeff and Mindi Sunday evening. We saw some light displays that I'm pretty sure you'd only find in Austin...a giant Bevo, milk jugs and whiskey bottles with Christmas lights in them, and even the Austin skyline made out of Christmas lights.
3 comments:
Glad you had a good time! Miss you!
Ha! I tried to warn you guys about the 37th? street lights. :) Pretty interesting huh? You have to just love Austin's quirkiness sometimes. Did you stop by the stuffed animal petting zoo?
I am glad you had a great weekend. Only 4 more days to go!!!
Kennedy was a lot of fun to watch at the ballet. So glad we got to go with each other! My favorite
37th street decoration was the cardboard cut out of Obama pulling up the economy. Oh brother. :)
We had fun with you guys too!
Post a Comment