December 10, 2012

Santa, Trains, and Gingerbread Houses

This Christmas season has already been so much fun with Levi!  Levi is totally into all of the excitement of the season.  In fact one night (actually early one morning!) he woke up and seemed to be upset.  When I went into his room and asked him what was wrong he said, "I just wanted to talk to you about Christmas cheer!"

Levi got to see Santa (from afar) and ride a train through Aunt Blair and Uncle Kyle's neighborhood.  His obsession with trains has intensified over the last few months.  When he's playing with his trains or sees one somewhere, he'll look at me and say, "I just love trains so much!"


We pulled out Polar Express one weekend and with a 3 year old boy you can't get much better than the combination of trains and Santa! We've already watched this movie more times than I can count.  We even had a family pj party with popcorn and hot chocolate.
We have done a couple of crafty Christmas activities (which I much say I'm pretty proud of considering we have a newborn in the house!)  We decorated a foam Christmas tree and gingerbread house from Target.  They were perfect for us this year.  They came already constructed and with a variety of stickers to decorate with.  Levi loved it!

We also decorated a real gingerbread house.  Levi was very particular about where things went and loved getting to play with the icing and candy!


We also made a trip to see Santa.  We went at 10:00 one Monday morning with Sarah and Miles.  We were the only people there and were able to walk right up without waiting at all!  Cole was crying which concerned Levi.  He was worried Cole might be put on the naughty list!  Santa was great and even called Levi and Cole by name (which Levi loved!)  

We had talked about going to visit Santa, but I wasn't sure how Levi would do.  I was pleasantly surprised with his reaction.  He walked right up and started talking to Santa.  He climbed up in his lap and smiled for the picture.  Then he told him he needed some new trains- a new engine and a few passenger cars to be exact- and some new cars too.

We have had a busy December so far and are looking forward to more fun with family and friends!

No comments: