Little did we know that when we left Dallas after Thanksgiving we'd be back in less than a week! Blair called me on Wednesday morning and told me she thought she was having contractions. They were strong enough that she cancelled all of her clients that day but seemed inconsistent. According to Kyle she had a very productive day at home and even had a productive shopping trip to Target- lots of nesting! Right before we left for church, she called me back and told me they were headed to the hospital!
Wednesday was my dad's birthday, and I think we were all hoping Brooks would make his appearance in time for him to share a birthday with Pops! Things did progress very quickly, and my mom, Aunt Amy, and I enjoyed texting back and forth all night long. We had so much fun waiting to hear that Brooks was here, and I was glad to have some "company" up with me for Cole's 12 am feeding.
I guess Brooks decided that he wanted his own special day, and he was born at 1 in the morning on Thursday, November 29th. He was almost 9 pounds and had a beautiful head of hair! I wanted so badly to be there with Blair, so Cole and I headed up first thing Thursday morning. We spent a lot of time hanging out at the hospital holding sweet baby boys. We enjoyed the confused looks and comments we got when nurses and doctors came in and saw Cole and Brooks! They were almost the same size- and Cole was 5 weeks old!
It has been so fun to be pregnant and due so close to my sister. We have compared notes and complained to each other throughout our entire pregnancies (and now life with newborns!) We're so happy for Blair and Kyle and so excited to welcome sweet Brooks into the family!
1 comment:
How special that Brooks and Cole get to grow up so close in age! Blair is a lucky girl to have you as a sister!
Post a Comment