August 26, 2011

22 Months

Dear Levi,

This past month has been a whirlwind!  We were gone for most of the month, but you have become a great little traveler.  This month you went on your first train ride, boat ride, and airplane ride.

You are fully of energy, and I love watching your personality grow and change.  You have become a little bit more affectionate this month.  Every once in a while you'll walk by and say "HUG!" and wrap your arms around my neck.  You've also started saying "I love you too" when your Daddy or I say it to you.  Those are the sweetest words I've ever heard!
The heat this summer kept us from spending too much time outside, but you love the time we do spend out there!

Speaking of your vocabulary- the things you say amaze me (and sometimes make me laugh!)  You've started saying "excuse me" and "yes man" which both melt my heart.  You know most of your shapes now- square, triangle, rectangle, star, oval (or obal), and diamond.  You've skipped over the first few numbers when counting and now start at 5.  It's usually "5, 6, salmon, 8, 9, 10...12"  :)  I wasn't sure where we stood on colors, but I know you know red, yellow, black, and white- those are the colors on the RCA connector cord you carry around.   :)
You HATE having your teeth brushed and your nails clipped.  You kick your legs and swing you arms around and scream!  The screaming makes my job of brushing your teeth easier, but the flailing arms and legs only complicate Dad's job of clipping your nails.

You are at a stage now where Mom's kisses can heal any injury.  You fall down...a lot...and you always come running, saying "Kisses!"  You've even asked me to kiss your eye, tooth, and bottom.  I'm usually happy to oblige...but sometimes you just have to draw the line.  :)
You have started pretending your highchair tray is a guitar.  You sang and played your guitar for almost 20 minutes this day!

This past week was your first full week back at Misty's.  You've been tired, but I think you're enjoying having other kids to play with every day!  I love hearing you talk about your friends.  The other day when we left Misty's house you cried.  As much as it pulled at my heartstrings, I am so happy that you love going to her house- it makes leaving you every day a little bit easier.

We love you, Levi!

2 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

Oh my goodness, I was laughing through that whole post!!! He knows the colors to the RCA connector cord? haha! 5, 6 salmon, got me going pretty hard too! I'm glad he realizes mommy's kisses heal all, but you are right, you've gotta draw the line somewhere. Oh Levi you are are a joy in everyone's lives!

Mindi Tipps said...

Your son is a hoot. :)

Can't believe our babies are almost 2!