August 27, 2011

Take Your Kid To Work

Levi has been sick for the last couple of days.  He started running fever on Tuesday...my first day of school!  Other than the fever and being a little bit more irritable than usual, Levi has seemed fine.  He's even been running around playing like normal.

Mat stayed with him on Wednesday, and I stayed with him Thursday.  When he was still running fever Thursday evening, Mat decided he'd stay with home with him again.  Then, Friday morning, Mat had the crazy idea to take Levi into the office with him (This plan had been pre-approved by Mat's boss).

Some thing's Levi enjoyed while at Dad's office:

  • Drawing on the white board while standing in the chair 
  • 52 card pick up with Dad's brand new box of 500 business cards 
  • Taking over Dad's chair
  • Standing in a different chair to practice turning the lights on and off
  • Giving Mat's coworker (Gus) the nickname Gussy 
  • Participating in casual Friday by taking a nap in only his diaper
  • Answering the (pretend) phone by saying "Thanks for calling"

This makes me think of the times when my sister and I would go to work with my Dad.  Our favorite things were drawing on his white board and drinking the free sodas!  Thankfully Levi didn't have any soda.  :)

It was a challenging day but productive day and one I'm sure Mat will remember forever.


5 comments:

Jim said...

Oh, yeah, that brings back memories for me! Although I never had the courage to take either of you to the office as toddlers. "Gussy"? Love it.

Megan said...

We loved this story!
Go Super Daddy Mat!!!

Gussy! I hope that one sticks. Too funny!

Unknown said...

I remember going to work with my dad. I would sleep on the couch in his office and then raid the office kitchen for cheese and soda too! I loved it! I'm impressed with Mat. He is very brave!

Sarah and Eric said...

Wow, impressive Mat! I can only imagine that was a fun day for them both!

Mindi Tipps said...

Go Mat! I amazes me that he was brave enough to take Levi with him.

Loved hearing what Levi did all day. He's too cute.