July 19, 2011

21 Months


Dear Levi,

  You are a little ball of energy.  I have loved having so much time to watch you and play with you this summer.  Here are a few things about you right now:
  • You weigh 28 pounds, wear size 5 diapers and 24 month clothes. 
  • To say that you love cords is the understatement of the CENTURY!  You go to sleep talking about them and wake up asking about them.  You carry any cord we'll let you play with around like most kids carry a lovie, blanket, or stuffed animal.  
  • Really you love just about any electronic you can get your hands on- including phones, computers, and iPads.  When we were at the lake with Pops and Grammy, you would ask to see the vacuum on Pops' iPad.  You know how to unlock the iPad, click on the Photos app, and open up the 2 pictures he has of you and the vacuum.  You also tried to unlock the TV by sliding your finger across the bottom of the screen.
  • You talk all the time, and you speak very clearly.  You are a little parrot too!  When you have a stinky diaper I usually say "Goodness Gracious!" when I open it up.  You've started saying "gracious" now when you have a dirty diaper.  I also say "I know, I know" when I am comforting you.  The other day, you had a little bit of diaper rash, and as I was cleaning you, you were saying "I know, I know"  You were also saying it while Dad clipped your finger nails the other night.
  • You love to count.  You can usually get 1, 2, and 3.  Sometimes you go beyond that, and a few times you've made it to 10 with a little bit of help.  The other night, Daddy was jumping into the pool and told you to count to 3.  You said, "1, 2...4!" and looked around laughing.  It was pretty cute.
  • You can spot shapes and love to point them out.  Your favorite is oval, and you love to point it out in lettering on shirts.  You also know triangle, square, diamond, and sometimes star (sometimes stars are triangles too)  
  • George is still your best bud, and you love to try to sit on him.  You laid your head on George while you watched your new favorite show, The Backyardigans.
  • You can throw a good fit!  Most of the time, taking to your quiet room and sitting you in your chair with your dinosaur will solve the problem.  If your dinosaur isn't there, you look for him.  In fact, I just took you to your chair, but your dinosaur was in the living room.  You came in here, got the dinosaur, and went back to your chair.  
  • You love to play "Night, Night".  You will grab a blanket, lay down on the floor, and sometimes even pretend to snore!  You also love to collect your favorite treasures, your keys, and pretend like you are leaving.  You walk around saying "Bye, Bye!"
We love you, Levi!

6 comments:

Blair said...

Oh my goodness - him saying "I know, I know" is so sweet! Gotta watch what you say around little ones, huh?? :)

Jim said...

Wat a great post, and it was such a blessing to see him do most of these things. I love the story of him getting up to get his dinosaur!

Unknown said...

I'm with Blair... The "I Know, I Know" melts my heart! He is such a cutie!

Megan said...

He is such a precious boy, who is blessed to have you and Mat as parents and to be surrounded by so much love from his extended family. It is no wonder he is flourishing!

We love him just a tad as well. ;)

Mindi Tipps said...

Love and miss that little guy!

Hollee said...

Isn't it amazing how technological-savvy they are already! Malachi has been able to open the ipod touch and go to the Netflix app and pick out his show that he wants to watch for months now!! It's crazy! Who would've thought that 1 and 2 year olds would be able to do that ten years ago! He's such a CUTIE!!