It was a wonderful week! We spent a lot of time lounging by the pool, playing games, and relaxing. Some of my favorite memories of the week:
- Feeding the Cows- There were 5 longhorns on the property that would eat out of your hand. The owner had a bucket of cow cookies (not to be confused with cow patties) that you could feed the longhorns. Levi would go out with Grammie and say "C'mon Cows!" He had absolutely no fear of these huge animals! He got right in there and stuck his hand INSIDE the cow's mouth. He also thought it was funny to try and stick the cow cookie in the cows' noses.
Levi walked right up and said, "Hello, Cow!"
No fear!
- Landry's Birthday Party- We were close enough to drive down and meet my cousins and their kiddos at the zoo to celebrate Landry's birthday. It was a hot day, but the kids did great. Levi wasn't really interested in the animals, but he did love trying to get the doors and windows to their cages open. :) He did enjoy the elephants and the anteater.
"Hmmm...How can I get this open?"
Levi's favorite part of the day was the train ride. As long as it was moving, he was happy. He sat so still and took it all in.
Happy Birthday, Landry Beth!
I love his little tongue sticking out when he's concentrating. :)
- Having a pool right outside the door- Once I got over my fear of it being so close, I loved being able to walk out the door and jump in. My mom and I spent some time in there talking "school" and both ended up BURNT! Levi loved swimming! He practiced jumping (or falling) in, played on the steps, and of course played with the vacuum.
Pops and Levi in their matching hats. Levi would also want me to point out the vacuum cord in the background. :)
Levi's first popsicle- I took a strawberry popsicle outside for Levi and a lime popsicle outside for me. He ended up with both, and I think the lime one was his favorite.
The lime popsicle is really tart after the sweet strawberry one!
Levi had melted popsicle everywhere! It had even filled up his belly button, but he was so concerned with Grammie's messy hands.
Hunting for rocks- Levi loved being able to roam, dig and just get completely filthy! Every day, Grammie took him rock hunting and he LOVED it. He carried around sticks and searched high and low for the best rock. He also practiced balancing on the curb and walking with his hand in his pocket. Such a little man. :)
There's that little tongue again.
- Saturday, we rented a pontoon boat and spent some time out on the lake. We had so much fun, and Levi loved the boat! He didn't really like jumping off and actually swimming in the lake, but he ran around while we were stopped and helped Pops drive the boat.
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a fun week!
(If you've made it this far, thanks for sticking with me!)
(If you've made it this far, thanks for sticking with me!)




6 comments:
What an amazing trip!!! Levi looks so grown up, especially in the picture trying to open the little door, something about his clothing and shoes! Also, the hand in his pocket picture. Your family has the best vacations! I am so impressed!!! I love the picture of him eating the tart popsicle!
Thank you for taking part of your summer to spend with us. Thank you Mat for being willing to drive so far to spend time with us... It was a wonderful relaxing week. We LOVED spending time with Levi and watching him with all his adventures.
Yes, thank you for coming, thanks to Mat for driving down and back every day, and thanks to Kyle and Blair to diving from Dallas for the weekend. It was a special week of great times and great memories. Don't know which is my favorite, the pool, the longhorns, or the boat. He sure knew Pops needed help driving the boat, though, whether it was moving or not!
Great post! It sounds like such a fun week. I love the pictures with his tongue sticking out. He is getting big fast!
Sounds like a wonderful week. I love your family!
You got some great pictures that perfectly encapsulate Levi right now. I cracked up when you said that levi would want you to mention the cord. :) Funny kid. lol
Your son brings a smile to my face. I love that kid!!!!
Glad you all had a fun, relaxing week.
Post a Comment