June 17, 2011

Twenty Months

Dear Levi,

This month has been so much fun.  Summer has started, and I get to be home with you all the time now!  I love your little personality.  You make your dad and I laugh all the time!

You have been more interested in reading books lately.  You will sit by the bookshelf (pull ALL the books off) and read through your favorites- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Wooly's Walk, and Gallop!  I love listening to you read- especially in the car.  You always have the same conversation and it almost always includes the phrase (over and over again) "Stop the book!" and you slam the book closed.  I don't know where you got this, but it always makes me laugh!

Your vocabulary continues to amaze us, and you are learning new words every day.  Some of my new favorites are sorry, excuse me, zebras (which is often confused with Jesus as zesus), and Amen.  You are good at putting 2 words (and sometimes more!) together.  You especially like the phrases "Show me.  Have it.  Hold it, and want it!"  The other day, I was in the living room and heard you playing in your room.  A few minutes later, you came out of your room pushing your rocking chair and saying "Scuse me, Scuse me..."  It was so precious!

Your newest fascination is with puzzles.  I have a few out on your table and when you walk by you always say, "Oh puzzles!" like you're surprised to see them.  :)  You love the shape puzzle and the animal puzzle that makes noises.  You like to name shapes- triangle, square, circle star and even "obal"- but we're still working on identifying them correctly.

You also love babies.  You point them out if we see or even hear them in the store.  Yesterday we were at Target and you told me, "Baby cry."  Sometimes you even call kids that are bigger than you babies.

You are a hoot and FULL of energy!  You run everywhere you go and from the minute you get up.  You love electronics, cords, climbing and hiding!  Sometimes you just run laps around the living room yelling "Whoa! Whoa!"  You like to shut the door behind us whether we're in your room or getting a towel out of a closet.  The other day you shut the door as I walked out of your room.  When I tried to get in, you were sitting in front of the door and you said, "I hide, Mommy!"

You are very independent.  You've recently started eating cereal with milk all by yourself.  This stresses Mommy out a little bit because you always end up SOAKED!  You also like to help.  Today you helped me move wet laundry to the dryer and then "helped" me fold... and by help, I mean you rolled around on the floor in the warm sheets.


You keep us laughing, Levi, and we love you so much!

3 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

Hoot is a perfect word to describe him. He is such a hoot. Everytime I see Levi I just smile at him and wait for him to do something funny. :)

Jim said...

Yes, all so true. Grammy and Pops heard, "STOP the book!" several times on the way to the family reunion. When you said it very emphatically, you'd throw the book on e floor, too! Of course, you immediately wanted the book back, so Grammy would have to unbuckled and pick it up!

Sarah and Eric said...

He is so cute! I love watching him run around! He was very helpful holding the bottle cap for Miles! I can't wait until Miles can interact more with Levi, he'll be a great friend!