May 4, 2011

Royal Wedding

A couple of weeks ago, Mindi, Megan and I were talking about watching the royal wedding together.  Megan is an excellent party planner (remember the Preggie Piggy Party), and she came up with a fun wedding-themed girls night!

Her evite included these vows:

1.  I vow to wear as much white as possible.  A splash of blue will be accepted.
Britney even wore her actual wedding dress!  Impressive!

2.  I vow to bring my wedding photos/album to share with the rest of the group if applicable.
We don't ever pull out these pictures, so it was fun to see each other's pictures and hear about the different weddings!

3.  I vow to bring something edible and wedding themed to share.  Drinks water, tea and punch (of course!) will be provided.
We had lots of delicious "wedding" food- finger sandwiches, truffles, scones, cookies, and of course, wedding cake!  Awesome job on the cake, Mindi!

4.  I vow to come prepared to visit, to laugh and to be completely silent when the royal couple say "I do."
Time to get serious!

We even dressed up a few lucky "brides" in some toilet paper gowns.  
I don't think any of them would've said "yes" to any of these dresses...
 Except maybe Mindi- she was especially fond of the giant bow I made for her backside!  :) 
We also ended up with 2 pregnant brides!  What do you think the queen would've said about that?!

What a fun night with the girls!  

2 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

What great pictures and commentary! Thanks again for the invite! It was great to get away for some girl time! You guys throw a great party!

kkmcdavid said...

Oh my goodness, how fun! Love the toilet paper dresses. :)