Today you are 16 months old. You are all boy! You run, scream, and knock things over, but we love it! I never have to wonder about where you are or what you're up to- I can either hear your feet or your little grunts.
You are a little parrot these days. The other day, Mindi said you looked at her, handed her a fork, and said "for" as clear as day. While we were talking about it, you looked at the dollhouse and said "house." It's amazing to hear all of the things you are learning. I know the doctor thought I was crazy when I told her you could say close to 50 words, but Mindi can vouch for me.
Some new things you are saying: door, side (outside), fork (for), Pops (instead of "ba"), Dordie (our nickname for George- Georgie), hone (phone), open, orange, car, truck, bath, night night, milk, hot, cold, and ow (I think you use this when you mean help). In fact, the other day in Target, you were reaching for something in the basket and screaming "OW! OW! OW!" I helped you as fast as I could so that people wouldn't think something was actually hurting you. **Since I'm so behind on posting this, you now can actually say "help."
You love to walk backwards looking at the ceiling. This is a dangerous new skill because you're always running in to something or falling down. You love bath time and especially love splashing Daddy!
We tell you no a lot (since you're in to everything), and most of the time you listen, but we are definitely starting to see your toddler stubbornness come out. We're seeing lots of foot stomping these days!
You still eat just about anything we put on your plate, although over the last few days I've noticed you slowing down a bit. At the doctor, you were in the 50th percentile for height and weight. You are 23 pounds and 30 inches long. You still wear size 4 diapers, and you are moving into your 18 month clothes. Most of your 12 month pants are too tight around your belly, but the 18 month pants and shorts are too long.
We love you little man!
4 comments:
I don't think you're crazy! :) I like his scout badges. Hah!
I can. not. wait. to see him! We are so excited to see you guys. I'm sure it's just the lighting, but his hair almost looks red in these pictures! And I do love the badges. I'm sure Mat is so proud!
He looks so old on the couch with his book! I love the little curls in the back. We miss that sweet boy. I can't wait to hear his little voice.
Yes, I can definitely vouch for you! He knows SO many words and seems to break out with a new one every day!
Such a sweet and fun boy. Happy 16 months buster man!
Post a Comment