October 5, 2010

Countdown...

I thought I was ok with the fact that Levi's birthday is right around the corner. We love the stage he is at right now (of course, we've loved them all!). He's so much fun and learning so much each day. Once I got past the craziness of the beginning of the school year, I've had fun planning his party. I was happy and excited about October 16th...until today.

I was looking at the blog and noticed the countdown ticker to his birthday. I know in my mind that it is only 11 days away, but when I saw it in writing it shocked me! He's going to be 1, and I can't believe it! Where has the time gone?

It almost makes me want to take the little ticker down...not that it will change anything, but at least I won't have to see it in writing. :)

When I told Mat about this he said, "Yep. Tomorrow you'll wake up, and he'll be going to Kindergarten. And then before you know it he'll be off to college." What a supportive husband I have! :)

5 comments:

waltonsinaustin said...

I totally understand that feeling. Of course I've still got two months until Landon is one, but I can't believe it. Just enjoy everyday and remind yourself that one's just a number and he's still your baby! ;)

Katie said...

Haha, of course Mat made a crack about college. ;) I know Levi won't technically be a "baby" anymore, but he's still your baby. Plus, it's so much fun seeing them grow into more and more of their own person with the talking, playing, opinions, and their own very distinct personality. It was bittersweet when Ella turned 1, but oh my goodness, she is so much FUN now!! Can't wait to celebrate his bday with y'all!

Sarah and Eric said...

I can't believe he is almost one! Gosh the time really does fly! I can't wait to see the little guy continue to grow. He's got great parents as models!

Mindi Tipps said...

I know what you mean, friend. My heart ached, and I mean a real physical ache, the day Aubrey turned 1. It hit Jeff when he saw her birthday cake.

I'm not looking forward to this feeling next month with Brooklyn either. :)

Mindi Tipps said...

Oh, and I love the pumpkin patch pictures on your header!