July 16, 2010

9 Months

Dear Levi,

What a fun month this has been! You are changing and learning so much. In the last few weeks you really started moving around with more confidence. You are cruising around furniture, but you're still very wobbly.
I love watching you figure out how to move from one piece of furniture to the next and find ways to bend down and pick up the toy you've dropped. You've even started wiggling out of my lap like a big kid when you want down. We lowered your mattress down a few levels because you've figured out how to do this:
YIKES!
Earlier this week you started giving high 5s! Dad loves this. You've finally figured out how to sit up on your own, but usually you crawl over to a piece of furniture or a person and use it to help you sit up.
You have dropped your late afternoon catnap and now take 2 good naps each day. You usually sleep for an hour and a half to two hours. You've also started sleeping later in the morning- sometimes until 8! Mommy is very grateful for that.

You are eating lots of food now. I asked the doctor about how much you should be eating, and she told me to feed you until you were full and not to stress about the actual amount. You have 4, 8 oz. bottles per day and eat 3 meals of solid foods. This month we've added green beans, green peas, papaya, cantaloupe, asparagus and yogurt. You could not get the yogurt fast enough! You love it and scream and bang on your highchair tray until we get the next bite in your mouth.
You have a pretty good pincer grasp, so we've also started giving you Cheerios and puffs. They keep you occupied for a while and have made meals and trips to the grocery store much easier!
At the doctor this month you weighed 19 lbs, 10 oz, and you were 27 inches long. Your head is 45cm around. You are in the 50th percentile in all 3 areas. You didn't get any shots this month, but they did draw 2 baby-sized vials of blood. You hated it, and so did Mom!

You are wearing size 3 diapers and have moved up to your 6-9 month clothes. This month you finally cut a tooth (or fang as your Daddy calls it!). Your top 2 teeth look like they're going to come through any day now.

We love you so much and thank God every day for blessing our lives with you!

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

OK... now I am at the right spot! Levi is precious! AND, now that he is cruising... the fun really begins! He is growing up TOO fast!!

Megan said...

I loved the post.. I loved the pictures... and I love watching Levi grow! He has so much energy, personality and gets more handsome each day.

Thank you God for answers to prayers. :)

Sarah and Eric said...

Wow, I can't believe he is nine months old! Feels like this time has flown by! I am so excited to be spending the day with Levi today! He is precious. It's so fun to watch the little wheels turn in his head as he processes what he will do next. He is a wonderful little guy!

Jim said...

What can I say? That's my boy! (Okay, Mat, my "grandboy"!)

Unknown said...

He's getting so big! I love the picture of him in Mat's hat!

Mindi Tipps said...

I have to second Megan, thank you God for answered prayers. Levi is one of them!

When did our little, tiny, babies get so big? Happy 9 months Levi James!