Today is George's first birthday! Mat calls George the miracle puppy. We got George from my aunt and uncle (they breed labs). They didn't think that George's mom was carrying a litter, but one day Amy came home from school and heard some strange noises coming from the backyard. She thought maybe the dogs had trapped a bird, but when she went back to investigate, she found George barking and the other puppies laying next to him. The other puppies weren't breathing, so Amy did something I don't think I could ever do- clean the puppies off and give them mouth to mouth! She saved the puppies, but George was the hero that let her know something was going on in the backyard.
George LOVES socks, going on runs with Mat, swimming, and being chased. His favorite pastime is to find a sock and have us chase him around the house trying to get it back. George used to love chewing up Bibles, but we've recently found out that he likes Levi's pacifiers. George's most favorite thing though is Mat. If Mat is home, George wants to be right next to him! George can sit, stay, lay down, fetch, drop (but ONLY when there's a treat involved), and go to the hearth and lay down on command.
George and his sisters (Dec. 2008)
Mat and 2 of the puppies (Dec. 2008)
The day he came home with us (Jan. 2009)
Feb. 2009
Camping in Junction, TX (Easter 2009)
Mat and George wrestling (Oct. 2009)
George looks crazy in this picture!
We love George and are so glad that he is part of our family!
3 comments:
Yeah for George for hitting that milestone! He's a sweet boy and you are lucky to have him!
He is so cute... but I have to say, not as cute at Levi! :)
I love George! I especially how much George loves life, especially when he's with Mat.
Post a Comment