This Spring Break, my parents decided to rent a cabin for our family at Chain of Lakes. It is only about an hour north of Houston, but it feels like you're in a completely different world! Mat and Kyle, my brother-in-law, were not at the cabin at the same time because of work schedules, and we missed having them there together! We did not have a TV, but we did have cell service, electricity, a full kitchen, heating and air conditioning and comfy beds. This "camping" was not at all like Mat used to do, but he enjoyed a few days of relaxation. We spent a lot of time playing games and sitting around and talking. It was nice to have so much time to catch up and enjoy each other.
Each morning we had a horse drawn carriage pick us up for breakfast at the restaurant. :) (Remember, this is not your typical week of "camping")


On Wednesday, we rented canoes. Mat and I were in one canoe, and my mom and Blair were in the other. We had a lot of fun exploring the different lakes and seeing beautiful scenery. It took my mom and sister some time to figure out how to steer the canoe, but they eventually got the hang of it and enjoyed it. We stopped by our cabin and Blair got out so that my dad could spend some time canoeing too. It was a fun afternoon!

Mat and I rowing up to our cabin

We enjoyed a great week of family time! Here are the rest of our pictures.
8 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I can't believe you saw alligators in that water! YIKES! The bluebonnets were beautiful! Glad you had a good break. Look forward to spending some time with you over Ester. Y'all still planning on coming?
What fun!!! What was the name of the campground/cabins? I know you all had a great time!
Looks like such a nice time! I would be a little freaked by the alligator in the water! So beautiful. Glad you had a good time.
That looks like a really neat place! I'll have to look it up and plan a trip there myself, hah! Glad y'all are doing well!
I love your pictures! It looks like such a fun and relaxing trip. I'm not sure I could have gotten in the water with an alligator... you're braver than I am!:) I'm hoping it will still work out for you to come in April.. I'm ready to see you guys!
The week so much fun, and was way TOOOOO short. We loved getting to "camp" with you and Mat and Kyle and Blair! I like this type of camping! AND, yes, everyone who reads this...it was THAT beautiful!
How fun! The pictures are beautiful!
The pictures are great! It looks like a really beautiful area. Glad you got some much needed relaxation!
Post a Comment