November 3, 2013

Halloween

Levi decided this summer that our family should dress up as The Incredibles for Halloween.  It is one of his very favorite movies, and he'd watch it every single day if I'd let him.  The movie is about a whole family of superheroes.  Levi decided that he needed to be Mr. Incredible (the Dad), I needed to be Violet (the daughter), Mat needed to be Dash (the son), and Cole needed to be Jack Jack (the baby).  This might tell us something about how he sees our family dynamic, huh?!  No matter what we said, this was what he insisted.

Mat and I weren't about to put on spandex superhero costumes, but luckily we found t-shirts and black masks so we could be supers in disguise!  I ironed an Incredibles patch onto a red onesie for Cole, and of course bought the whole costume for Levi.
Levi was so excited to finally get to wear his costume.  We went to Trunk or Treat at our church again, and it was the perfect amount of 'Halloween' for us!  Trunk or Treat lets Mat and I enjoy a night with friends from church, and it gives Levi the chance to experience trick-or-treating.
We had fun decorating our car this year with a little inspiration from Pinterest.  It was a very last minute decision, but it was super quick and turned out pretty cute!

3 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

So cute! I think I would have passed on the spandex too!

Unknown said...

Super cute trunk! I love Levi's assignments for dressing up. So funny! You sure do have two cute incredibles!

Jeannie said...

I love the pictures…especially the one of the boys sitting on the grass…I love Cole's smile and HAIR and I love that Levi looks totally BORED!! How did you make the eyes on the car??