August 16, 2012

Machines

Levi has always been fascinated with how things work.  Last year at the sculpture garden in Minnesota, he spent most of the time trying to figure out how the lights worked.  This past Christmas he got a set of magnetic gears that he loves, and he still loves to inspect machines and cords.  

Lately he's been excited about creating his own machines.  The other day he used play dough, a rolling pin and some cookie cutters to build a machine that made butter.  He is always very specific when he describes his machines and talks about the levers, gears, and buttons.  

Here he is describing his latest creation:
(Every time we watch this, he corrects me when I say "It makes jelly!"  He says, "No Mommy, the jelly just comes out!)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I want one! Would that mean I would never have to make another PBJ again? Sign me up!

Your son is amazing. I can't wait to see where his mind takes him someday. Engineer maybe? :)

Sarah and Eric said...

How cool!! I agree with Megan, a little engineer at heart!