December 22, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Mat and I have really enjoyed starting some of our own family traditions with Levi this year.  Although this is his third Christmas, this is the first Christmas that he actually understands what's going on!  

Our elf, Clark, visited us for the first time this year.  Clark is a mischievous elf, and Levi has loved waking up in the mornings (or sometimes after nap time!) to find where Clark has moved.  

Did you know that there's also a movie to go along with the Elf on the Shelf book?  We do.  We've watched it approximately 80,000 times over the last 22 days!  YIKES!!  


We also decorated a gingerbread house.  Mat made an excellent executive decision this year and bought a pre-built gingerbread house.  Levi pointed out where he wanted icing, and I followed directions.  Levi did allow me to had to add a few of my own touches.  :)

Look at that concentration...

 And of course a little taste test

He had so much fun decorating but was a little disappointed when he didn't actually get to eat his creation.  (We had decorated cookies the day before, and I guess he thought this was the same type of activity!)

We haven't done everything we had hoped to do- our trip to Burnet to see Bethlehem got rained out, we missed a trip to Santa because we were sick, and we still haven't made an official trip to look at Christmas lights.  BUT- we have had lots of fun with our little guy over these last few weeks.

1 comment:

Blair said...

I love that you are doing the gingerbread house tradition with Levi! I always had so much fun doing it with Holt and Hunter when they were little!