October 16, 2011

2 Years Old

Dear Levi,

I absolutely cannot believe that you are two years old.  I feel like just yesterday I was laying in bed- not sleeping- the night before you were born.

You are an amazing little boy, and you keep us entertained!  You are a bundle of energy and run everywhere you go.  You especially like to run laps around the house while yelling "I runnin Mommy!  I runnin!"

In the last few weeks you have really become interested in pretending.  One of your favorite things to do is build little "forts" of toys around you.  You usually call these forts cars, and you like to get in them, buckle your seat belt, and say "Bye, Bye Mommy!  See you later!"

You also like to get my mixing bowls and spoons out while I cook.  You line them up on the ottoman, stir, and taste test.  Typically, you don't do anything for long before you move on to something else, and when you're cooking, you usually end up using your spoons as drumsticks!
Over the last month you have also become completely obsessed with the Cars movie and the British cartoon Kipper.  Kipper is about a dog and his friends doing normal things, but you think it is the funniest thing you've ever seen.  The other day Kipper and Tiger were swinging, and you were rolling on the ground laughing.  I love listening to that little belly laugh.  It can always put a smile on my face!

You amaze us with the things you know.  You know all of your shapes and colors and you even know what an "L" looks like.  You love to get your little magna doodle and have someone write your name on it.  You also love to turn your food into shapes.  You'll take a bite, and say, "Look, Momma!  It's a car!"
My precious little fireman with his "punket"

We also have to be very careful now about things we say because you are a little parrot and repeat everything!  The other day we were in the car heading to meet Daddy at dinner, and you started screaming "Move over lady!"  Oops...

The other day you were sick, so I snuggled you a little bit longer than normal before I laid you in your bed.  As I sat there with you, I thought about one of my high school friends' mom.  Whenever we were at her house she would make us cookies and tell us in her thick Southern drawl that we were "precious angels from Jesus."  I get it now...you are my precious angel from Jesus.
Levi, we love you more than we can say.  You melt our hearts with the precious things you say, you keep us laughing with your goofy little personality, and sometimes you make us grit our teeth in frustration.  You are an amazing little boy, and we can't imagine life with out you!



Love,
Mommy


5 comments:

Sarah and Eric said...

That post made me cry! You have such a way with words Lora. He is so lucky to have such amazing, loving parents. I loved getting to spend time with him and learn more about the little man he is becoming.

Sarah and Eric said...

Is that his new kitchen in the background? Pretty snazzy!!!

Megan said...

Beautiful post. I teared up at the part about him being a precious angel from Jesus.

Happy Birthday "Wevi"/"Levon" :)

Mat said...

I can honestly say that every single day gets more and more fun with this little guy. Happy Birthday Levi! Daddy loves you!

Jim said...

I can't believe my little man is two! Levi, you bring such joy to Pops' and Grammie's lives. We love you!