May 19, 2011

19 Months

Dear Levi,

I love all of the new things that you are learning and doing, but this month has been a challenging one!  You started this month off sick, cutting 4 new teeth, and changing babysitter situations.  You were a different child.  Your eating, sleeping, and playing changed dramatically.  There were a few days where you cried, screamed or pouted from the moment I picked you up at Misty's until we put you to bed.  It was a rough couple of weeks, but I think we have made it through all of those transitions.

You are getting into and on top of anything and everything.  I'm really thankful that our refrigerator door has a lock on the ice & water.  You love to find tupperware containers, reach up to the lever and get yourself some water.  You still love cords (that's another new word you've been saying lately), and you get so angry when I take them away.  You love to climb up on the train table or ottoman.  As soon as you get up there, you say, "Sit Down!"
You started staying with Misty a few weeks ago.  This was a tough transition for both you and me, but I think we're doing pretty good.  Most mornings Dad says you go right to Misty, and she says you have great days.  You're back to eating a wide variety of foods and taking good naps.  That's another change we've had this month- you've dropped your morning naps.

You also love to clean.  Many nights, after dinner, you scream for a wipe!  I get one for you and one for Mommy.  You love trash and love throwing away trash when we're done with it.
You talk all the time!  I love hearing your little voice and all that you have to say.  You say all kinds of things, and you are even using phrases now too.  A couple of weeks ago, I went into your room on Saturday morning with my shoes on.  As soon as I picked you up you looked down at my shoes and said, "Shoes on.  Go bye bye"  On the way home from school today you told me "All done.  Door open!"  You were ready to get out.

You love phones.  This past weekend, when we were in the hotel in Dallas, we unplugged the phones for you to talk on.  You've always loved phones, but in the past, you usually just held it up to your ear and sat there.  Not this weekend- you started having full conversations- "Hello...yes...ummmm....no..."  I love listening to this!

You still love playing with George.  One of the things we've taught George is the command "hearth."  He is supposed to lay down on the hearth and calm down.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.  You've picked up on it though and love telling George to go to the "harf".  You also like to go and sit next to him!

We love you so much Levi.  You are so precious to us and bring so much joy to our lives!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I totally agree about that 18-19 month mark being a difficult time for most kids (and parents hah!). We love Levi and his precious personality!!!

Sarah and Eric said...

Levi is a fun little guy! I love hearing you imitate him, it's hilarious because I can imagine his low voice yelling it too! His cleaning picture is priceless! I'm not surprised he's a clean little guy, look at his parents!