December 30, 2010

Christmas

My Christmas break this year has been a whirlwind!  Levi and I spent the first part of the week of Christmas with my parents and grandparents.  I loved having some time to relax and catch up with them (and play LOTS of Scrabble with my mom and Gigi), and I know Levi loved having grandparents and great grandparents here to spoil him.

Later in the week Mat came over and we headed over to his parents' house.  We loved being there with them too and enjoyed getting to see the whole family.  This was the first time I really felt like Levi actually played with his cousins.  He would follow them around, and he loved hugging them- especially when they had something he wanted, like Chex Mix.  :) 

Levi loved Christmas, and all of the Santas in his life were very good to him this year.  I know he will love playing with his new toys, but he was like most one year olds this year and absolutely loved pulling the tissue paper and wrapping paper off all of the packages.  

We were home for a few days- just long enough to do laundry and repack- and then headed back to Pops and Grammy's house to celebrate Christmas with my family.  Blair and Kyle were there with their new puppy, Scout.  Levi liked Scout, but I think he was a little confused about having a dog that was his size.  :)  We had another weekend full of lots of food, another visit from Santa, and more time to just enjoy being together as a family.

Mat and I feel very blessed to be surrounded by such loving families.  We loved having so much time to spend with them this year!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Christmas is my favorite time of year! I love the time we can spend together as a family! This year Levi really entertained us all... the Kelso clan and the Herman clan! Now the trick begins... trying to fit all Levi's new toys into your house! Ha

Megan said...

I am so glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Sarah and Eric said...

His little jammies are so cute! I like the reindeer on the tooshie! Wow, looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

I understand the whirlwind. It is always crazy going from place to place, but I love being with everyone! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time!

Mindi Tipps said...

Levi and his Santa slippers....oh. my. goodness. He looks adorable!

Glad you had such a wonderful time.