You are at such a fun age right now! We love watching you explore the world around you. Here's what you're up to right now:
- You say ma, da, do (dog), whoa, sometimes jo (Geroge), and every once in a while I've heard you say bye, but your favorite word is still no. I think you're also starting to say "that".
- Mindi and I think that you think Aubrey's name is no. Everytime you see her, you say it. :)
- You love your stacking cups and any lid. When I get your snack or my water or really anything else with a lid, you grunt and scream until you get the lid and have the chance to put it on correctly.
- I love seeing how much you are understanding now. The other day, you were playing with a Lego tower I had built. It kept falling apart as you walked around the house, and you were very frustrated trying to get it back together. I told you to bring it to me and you tried but couldn't get all the pieces in one trip. You brought me 2, then went back for a few more trips. Eventually, you got them all to me.
- You also love shoes. When we were getting ready for church on Sunday, I put your shoes on and then started cleaning up your room. You walked over to your closet, picked up a different pair of shoes, walked over to me and sat down. Then you pointed at your feet and handed me the new pair of shoes. Apparently Mom did not pick out the correct pair of shoes!
- You still pat our shoulders when we pick you up. We will miss that precious phase when it is gone.
- You love George. You love his kennel, his toys, "chasing" him around the house, and chewing on his bones. Recently, you've started taking his things to him. When we're reading your alphabet book you and get to the picture of the dog, you look to George's kennel and then to the back door. You know where to find him!
- You've also recently become more interested in reading. You'll bring me books and actually sit and listen to the story (well, at least most of it).
- You love the Christmas tree. You point to it, and you try to see tree. You haven't quite got it yet, but I know what you mean. You've broken a few ornaments, but we carefully selected the ornaments that would be within your arms' reach. :) The first thing you want to do when we get home is go plug in the lights. You love it.
- I think we've finally making strides in the sippy cup arena. You haven't had a bottle since before Thanksgiving, but you went on a little strike and refused to drink anything for a while. You're doing much better now though!
- You and Brooklyn are becoming great friends. You even give each other kisses!


6 comments:
I think this age is amazing as well! That's so precious about Levi and Brooklyn!
What a great update! I love it. In especially loved the story about the shoes. Wonder where he gets that? Maybe from the mommy who used to escape her stroller in the department store and crawl to the shoe department? Who would put high heels on her hands and crawl around saying, "Awww!"
Love the story your dad told about you and the shoes. :)
Brooklyn and Levi have been kissing even more today! She's going to miss him during Christmas break.
Aww, that is so precious! I love the one where he is just in awe of the Christmas tree. It's the little things like that that are simply amazing! That last picture is such a great one!
I LOVE the picture of Levi glancing to the top of the tree... wonder what he is thinking? Can't wait to see him!
I loved this post and enjoyed the shoe story as well! Too cute! I'm sure he will be sad to see the tree come down! I'm excited to hear about your Christmas with him!
Post a Comment