August 16, 2010

Ten Months

Dear Levi,

Ten months! You are at such a fun age right now. You are so observant. You listen carefully to each sound you hear and are always ready to explore and find out what it is. I love watching you take in all of your surroundings and learn new things.

You started waving at yourself and at Mom and Dad a few weeks ago but decided it wasn't for you! You completely stopped for a little while, but I've noticed you waving again in the last few days. You make lots of noises, and you've said mamamama and dadadada a few times but you don't use any words consistently.
I love to see your personality change as you get older. You are still a momma's boy, but lately you've been following Dad around the house and even patting him on the shoulder when he picks you up. Maybe we are turning the corner in the momma-separation anxiety department! You hate to hear the word "no" and usually drop your head into your hands and cry when we say it but sometimes you look at us, smile, and giggle.

You are a loud little boy. You love to scream- when you're mad, sad, happy and excited! Mindi said the other day you were standing next to the couch, and Aubrey was sitting up there playing. You screamed, and she fell off the couch. She looked up and said "Wevi (I love that!) scared me!"

You are an expert at cruising around furniture now, and you've experimented with standing on your own and even taking a few wobbly steps between furniture. You will even cruise along the wall to get around. You are a fast little guy! When you see what you want, you don't let anything get in your way- even George. The other day you crawled right over him (or at least tried) to get to the night light plugged into the wall.
You've started antagonizing George lately. You love to pull his tail and his ears. He doesn't seem to mind. Usually, he just gets up and moves away, but you startle him now and then. You also love his toys, blankets, and bones. We have to watch you carefully. A few days ago you were crawling around, and all of a sudden we heard you choking. We ran over to you and found a piece of George's bone in your mouth! YUCK! You threw a nice little fit when we took it away from you.

You have 4 teeth now! We noticed 2 new ones in just the last week or so. You weigh about 21 pounds. You're still wearing size 3 diapers, and you are wearing 9 month clothing and a few 12 month shorts to fit around your buddha belly.
This month brought the end of my summer at home with you. I have absolutely loved being home with you for the last few months! I loved watching you grow and learn and being the one here to take care of you. This year Mindi is taking care of you. We will miss getting to see the Drennons every day, but I know that you will have fun with Mindi, Aubrey, and Brooklyn. It's already fun to see the friendship between you and Brooklyn. The other day when I went to pick you up, you two were standing on either side of a toy jabbering at each other.

I've been working on a few things for you birthday party. I can't believe it, but it will be here before we know it! We love you!

Love,
Mom and Dad


5 comments:

Blair said...

i can't believe he's 10 months... what fun they have been for all of us! love you guys!

Megan said...

Oh Wevi! Gone are the days of baby Levo. You are changing much too fast. :)

Jim said...

Another great blog post. Love the pic of him sitting in the rocker. Can I get the big version? Looks like a new wallpaper for my work computer!

Mindi Tipps said...

Can you believe we will be celebrating 1 year for our babies soon? Makes me sad.

And I'm loving getting to see Wevi everyday. :) I'm truly honored to watch him!

sue said...

I wish we were able to see Levi, aka Levo and Wevi, more often but feel very blessed that he has such loving friends to care for him while his parents are otherwise occupied making a living! love to all of you!