May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

To celebrate Mother's Day we drove home to spend the weekend with our families. We had a great time and even experienced a few firsts:

- The first time Levi and his cousins, Kadence and Cameron, "played" together. Kadence seemed to be content (for a little while) to sit and watch Levi roll around on the floor. It was also very important to her that Cameron not take Levi's things. She even tried to share her candy with Levi!
Cameron enjoyed playing with Levi's giraffe and standing over him. She would walk right up to him and just stand there staring down at him! :) I think she enjoyed having someone around that is smaller than her!
- My first mother's day- We celebrated by going to the Astros game!
- Levi's first Astros game- The two nicknames I've heard lately for the Astros are the "Disastros" and the "Lastros", so we were worried about what kind of game we were going to see. It ended up being a great game! The Astros came from behind to win in extra innings. Levi did GREAT at the game! He even slept through the last 2 innings (which were the most exciting and loudest).
Mat, Levi, and Junction Jack
Pops and Levi

- Levi had bananas for the first time this weekend. So far, he has eaten pretty much anything I've offered him, but bananas seem like the first food he actually likes.

- One strange first- Levi's first fire drill- and it happened during church! Thankfully it was just a false alarm, but the fire trucks showed up and everything!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Mother's Day! :)

You guys are all so cute in your Astros gear. That picture of Levi, Mat and Jack is great. I'm also glad we got a picture of YOU in this post. It was your day after all. :)

Blair said...

cute photos, Lora! I'm glad for the update - I feel like I haven't seen yall in forever!

I'm glad you had fun this weekend (and that the Astros won!) Now we just gotta get you up here for a Ranger's game... :)

Mindi Tipps said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a wonderful and much deserved weekend.

Sarah and Eric said...

I'm sure that was very special to celebrate your first Mother's Day! You son is so cute!!!