March 17, 2010

5 Months Old

Dear Levi,
This month you have really started exploring the world around you, and your personality has really started to emerge. You have become so interested in what we're doing and things we're holding. You reach for (and grab) anything you can get your hands on from toys, to food, to cameras, and most of the time you try to get those things into your mouth. Over the last few days you have really been working hard to get your pacifier into your mouth. In fact, this kept you entertained for about 15 minutes today in the car!

You LOVED Aunt Blair's camera
Playing and chewing on the sleep positioner that used to be in your crib
You are rolling over like a champ. Gone are the days of leaving you on your playmat to play while we take care of things around here. You aren't sitting up on your own yet, but you would much rather be sitting up looking around than laying down.

Playing on your play mat
You are still fascinated by hands (especially yours). You will stop whatever you are doing (even eating) to stare at your hands in amazement, and you love it when we sing songs with hand motions, like Itsy Bitsy Spider. Grammy sang you a song (all week long) about your hands that your Uncle Kyle really loved! :) You really enjoy being outside. When we were camping earlier this week, you loved swinging on the porch swing and listening to the birds. You were especially interested in the woodpeckers. We are excited that it is warming up so we can spend some evenings walking around the neighborhood with you.

Grammy singing you a song about hands
Exploring the porch swing with Grammy and Aunt Blair
When I am feeding you, you have started reaching up to pat my face and grab on to my lips, cheeks, and nose. It's so sweet and always makes me smile. This month you started eating rice cereal. You weren't sure what to think about it at first, but you seem to enjoy it now. You use your thumb to help your swallow your cereal. As I put the spoon into your mouth, you stick your thumb in, suck once or twice, and then start grunting and hitting your highchair tray until I can get the next bite in your mouth!

You are napping better for Megan. Most days you take a long morning nap, and then you cat nap through the afternoon. You are still going down at about 8 o'clock, but we have taken the dreamfeed out of your schedule. The last few days (since I've been on Spring Break) you've slept until 7:15! Your Mommy greatly appreciates that!

Levi, you are such a blessing in our life, and we thank God everyday for you!

Love,
Mom

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love the letter. He will too when he is older! Take a picture of him beside the red chair holding the bear though! Pops and I really miss the little guy, and of course, his parents!

Lora said...

Oh i did! I just forgot to add it. I will go back and do that.

Sarah and Eric said...

That 5 month picture is adorable! Are you going to print out all your letters and put them into the book you're making? Babies age so quickly! I can't believe he is already 5 months old!

Haley said...

He is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen - boy or girl. He is going to be a heartbreaker! I can't believe how smart he is to use his thumb to eat...brilliant!

Mindi Tipps said...

Are you sure you counted right? He can't be 5 months yet!

He amazes me with how strong he is and I love to watch him go after toys with such determination. He's so precious Lora. I love hearing you and Mat talk about your son.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big he's gotten! He looks so much bigger this month! I say it every time, but I love that smile! He's such a handsome guy:)

Britney said...

Oh, the moments between mommy and son while nursing/bottle-feeding! I love it when Brennan will reach up and touch my face while he's eating. Priceless moments that are gone all too soon! Levi is a darlin' pie! : )