February 16, 2010

4 Months

Dear Levi,
You change so much each month! This month you have really started enjoying toys more. You like to kick/bat at the toys on your play mat. You even figured out how to make the frog on your bouncer sing. Although I don't have anything to compare it to, you seem to have incredible head/neck control, so we even tried out your exercauser the other day. You looked so little in it but you really seemed to enjoy it! Life with George is going to get even more interesting as you begin playing with more toys!

You are still mesmerized by your hands and love to chew on them. Sometimes I think you are trying to get your entire fist into your mouth! You're also enjoying pulling on your feet, but you haven't managed to get them in your mouth yet! You are working hard to roll over but haven't quite managed it yet. This is also starting to make getting your picture a little more difficult!

This month we started putting you down without rocking you to sleep. Spending time rocking you at night was my favorite time of day, but we knew you needed to learn to soothe yourself to sleep. It has not been easy on any of us, but we're making progress. I noticed just the other day that you've started rubbing your eyes when you get sleepy. You also make these really sweet noises just before you fall asleep every night. You go down for the night about 8 and sleep until 5 or 5:30 (although we have had to add a dreamfeed back into your schedule!)

This month you started going to Megan's during the day. One day, Dad said he dropped you off, and Lleyton looked at you and said "again?" I really think Kennedy and Lleyton are enjoying having you there, and I'm sure they will love it even more when you are able to sit up and play with them. You are getting used to a little bit more noise during the day too! Kennedy and Lleyton came over to play at our house the other night and you really seemed to enjoy watching them play and talk.

You have lots of people that love you and want to come spend time with you! A few weeks ago our friends Rob and Sarah came to meet you. They loved getting to spend the weekend with you!
We went to the doctor for your 4 month appointment and you weighed 12 pounds, 2 ounces (10%) and were 24 inches long (25%). You are a little guy, but the doctor isn't concerned about your size at all. In fact, she seemed to be impressed with how much you are eating. You still like to eat just about every 3 hours during the day. You have 7 feedings throughout the day, and when you have a bottle you are eating between 5 and 6 ounces. You got 3 shots and 1 oral vaccination at the doctor's office. You were not happy about the shots, but once Daddy picked you up, you calmed right down and slept for a very long time! I even got to take a leisurely trip to Target while you slept in the stroller.

4 months

Daddy wanted to make sure I made note of the fact that Dr. Spellings used the word "perfect" to describe you 3 times at this appointment. He thought she was only going to say it twice, but as she was leaving, her last word to us was perfect.

We love you so much and cannot imagine life without you!

Love,
Mom

8 comments:

Blair said...

What a BEAUTIFUL baby boy you've got there! His 4 month picture is sooo adorable! His smile is so big; I love it. Miss yall!

Megan said...

I love how quick to smile he is! The picture of him rolling over while you tried to take his picture is hysterical. God blessed you with such a sweet boy!

Mat told me about Dr. Spellings saying "perfect" three times when he dropped Levi off yesterday. Can you say proud daddy? :)

Gi Gi & pop said...

He is such a PERFECT (there's that word again) little boy. Growing up fast so enjoy every minute with him. I love your blog and the pictures. What a neat way to keep records for him. If only we had had this kind of record keeping when ours were little. Love you all, gg

Mindi Tipps said...

Agreed. He is perfect. I love hearing you and Mat talk about your son! :)

Sarah and Eric said...

That smile is ADORABLE!!! It sounds so sweet to hear you write 'Love, Mom.' I know you are a mom but it just really hit me somehow when you said that! Precious!

Jeannie said...

I love the idea of the letter each month. He is PERFECT! And, your dad and I can't imagine life without him either!

Jim said...

Lora, what a beautiful post. Love the format, love the pictures, but most of all I love how you are describing to Levi what he means to you and Mat.

When I looked at the picture of him rolling over while you were trying to snap a pic, I couldn't help but remember how he would roll over that way in my arms while I was keeping him. He wanted to lay "face down" on my arm and look out at the world.

So sweet.

Unknown said...

I love that last picture of him! He has the sweetest smile:) Can't wait for more time with him in April (and you guys too)!