January 19, 2009

New Addition to the Family

This weekend, Mat and I were able to drive through Bryan, to pick up the newest member of our family, George. He is a beautiful 2 month old yellow lab puppy. George did great on the car ride and has enjoyed exploring his new home.


I think he is missing his mom and sisters right now (and also reacting to the shot he got this morning) because he has spent a lot of the afternoon sleeping.

Mat and I are both excited to have a dog, but Mat has been talking about it for a long time. After we got married, Mat told me he wanted a house, a dog and a kayak. We're 2 for 3 on his list, but I think it will be a while before he gets that kayak!

9 comments:

Blair said...

George is soo cute! I almost said I can't wait to "meet" him, but I guess I have already - but that's when he was still Hank ha. So I can't wait to see GEORGE in his new home! :O)

Jeannie said...

George is cute even if he is a dog! Hee Hee I hope he gets over his homesickness for his mom and sisters! Mat and you will have to really play with him so he won't be so lonely.

Kristi said...

Awww...George is too cute! See if you can train him to take over your mom's chair each time she visits...like Sam! I think Sam and George would enjoy each other!

Ashley said...

What a cutie!!! I love the skin hanging down in the napping picture. He's sooo cute!

Mindi Tipps said...

Yea! You got him! Can't wait to see him and hear about how you came up with the name (I like it)!

Megan said...

Looking at that last picture just makes me want to say ahhhhhhhh. He is precious. Congrats on the new addition. I'm sure Kennedy and Lleyton will be ecstatic to meet him.

Sarah and Eric said...

Little Georgie! What a sweetie! I loved meeting him the other day! Friday....he's got a hot date with an older woman!

McPherson Family said...

Thanks for the encouragement Lora and by the way...that is one cute dog!!! He looks like a real sweetie!

THE RIVERA FAMILY said...

Awe.. E wants a black lab sooo bad. Today he even said, "mommy, you don't like cleaning the floor do you?" I said, "no." He said, "if we get a dog you won't have to clean as much." George is too cute!