
I have always loved watching the Olympics. As a little girl, my favorite sport to watch was of course gymnastics. My sister and I would even put tape down on the floor of the living room so that we could practice our balance beam routine. I love remembering the excitement I felt when watching Kerri Strug helped the American women win the gold medal with a hurt ankle.
When I began talking about the Olympics starting, Mat did not share in my excitement! Friday night, as we watched the Opening Ceremonies (which were very impressive!) he sat and "watched" with me while playing on the computer. On Saturday, I started to see his interest growing as the women's volleyball team played Japan. He was yelling at the tv and the volleyball team as they battled to beat Japan.
Last night, as we watched the men's 4X100m relay, I think Mat became a fan! We sat on the couch cheering them on and yelling as Jason Lezak reached out and touched the wall to beat the French and win the gold medal. (It was an awesome race!) Mat looked at me and said, "Who am I kidding? I love the Olympics!"
4 comments:
That race was amazing. Jim and I were both cheering them on. Jim was actually jumping up and down in the living. They did amazing. They won by 8 hundreths of a second. Can you believe that?
I love the Olympics!
LOL! That's great! Man, the mens 4x100 relay has got to be one of the greatest Olympic moments! We watched it again last night on the computer - I loved Michael Phelps reactions.
We're so additcted to the Olympics too! Aubrey and I watched White Water Rafting today! Who would've THAT would be exciting- but it was. =)
and girls gymnastics is on tonight - eeck! im so excited and nervous!!
Post a Comment