August 8, 2008

Before and After

We have been working all summer on organizing, painting, and decorating our new house. A few weeks ago, my mom came to visit and help us finally finish the last details. (Thanks Mom!) Here is a before picture of our dining room.



I actually didn't mind the red- it was the paint job and touch ups that were bad. The previous owners tried to touch up with a different color red...it didn't work! The red also didn't really match our things.






This summer, we primed over the red and painted it coffee bean. (We tried a few gross looking browns before we finally found the coffee bean!) We got new curtains, and we have new blinds coming soon. We also a buffet coming soon for the wall under the plate rack and sconces.



Six months after moving into our house, I am excited to have at least one room in our house finished (well...almost!)


6 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

LOVE the new blog look and the dining room! The room looks so well put together. You guys have done a lot in the past few months.

Kelso Chronicles- I like it!

Kristi said...

It's beautiful! I wish I could see it "in person"...maybe someday!! I know you enjoyed having your mom there. When do you start school...we start TOMORROW!! I've been lazy today. We had such a good time last week with Erin and the boys here.

Have a good school year...I'll keep checking your school webpage for ideas!!

Sarah and Eric said...

Wow! It looks so grown up! I really love the angles in the ceiling. I know you had nothing to do with that, but I just think it really adds to the character of the room! Very nice!

The Herman Family said...

The pictures do not do it justice. You and Mat have done a wonderful job decorating and painting your first home. Although it has been hard...you can see the results of your hard, hard work!! I enjoyed helping you out...but really didn't do much!

Love, Mom

Ashley said...

It's an ongoing process...I can attest to that!

Gi Gi & pop said...

It is beautiful, Lora. Your mom does awesome things. I just marvel at her decorating. Wish I could see your whole house. Thanks for praying for me! Love you