July 17, 2008

School Supplies

Yesterday I ventured out of the house and made a trip to Walmart. I went with a small list but ended up spending time just walking around enjoying my free time. I looked at furniture for our porch, scrapbooking things, and school supplies! They were putting out all of the things for back to school and the school supply lists for the neighborhood schools. Now don't get me wrong- I am NOT ready for school to start, but I do love looking at/purchasing new school supplies (and I know there are others like me-you know who you are). There's just something about a box of Crayola crayons for 22 cents that makes me happy. I know that I'll make a few more trips to the school supply aisle before August 25th!


9 comments:

Haley said...

My dad buys new crayons every year just because they make him happy. I myself am a new notebook girl - so many possibilities.

Britney said...

How funny! I was just in Wal-Mart yesterday & when I saw they had their school supplies out, I thought, "Oh, I used to love to buy school supplies!" What is it about starting the school year out with proud new supplies in your classroom that is so funny and exciting? I used to buy stuff a little at a time, over the course of several weeks. Sometimes I would stand in the isle helping complete strangers choose the "right" supplies for their kids...oh, those were the days!

Mindi Tipps said...

Oh, I have to admit, come August I'm going to find myself a little sad that I'm not out there with you purchasing supplies for my Kinder class! =( Maybe I'll go buy a box of those jumbo crayons for little hands for Aubrey!

Mindi Tipps said...

Like the new blog look by the way!

Jeannie said...

I love going to Walmart and looking at school supplies too! I used to buy for you and Blair and now I buy for all my Porter kids! I love you!

Ashley said...

I love new school supplies! I am a notebook-phene (I don't know how to spell that - I even tried looking it up). And I love new pens and pencils. Love it!!!

Kristi said...

I LOVE buying school supplies! I have to always have a new notebook at the beginning of each year (even though I don't use it much through the year) and I LOVE pens! I'm actually getting a little excited about starting school...not quite ready today...but I think I'll be ready when the day arrives!!! Love you!

Megan said...

I always loved getting the new school list and going to get all of the supplies. My first big lie was even over a pencil box I really wanted. Long story short, I got the pencil box, it haunted me forever, and then I confessed to my parents.

THE RIVERA FAMILY said...

You had a lot of comments off this post! :) I wanted to say.. good scripture verse under Kelso! :)